Monday, April 23, 2012

Indie Spotlight: Sophie & The Wolf

The Undead Crimefighting League: Sophie and the WolfThe Undead Crimefighting League: Sophie and the Wolf by Amber Vilate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was intrigued by the title, but when I realized this was another vampire story, I was a little wary. The blurb was interesting though, so I gave it a chance. I'm glad I did. The story started out slow, but picked up nicely. The main character, Sophie, was endearingly self-conscious, rather than annoyingly so. And her cast of friends - including two functional zombies, a genie, and a teenage goddess - set the story apart. This is the first in a series, so the ending left an opening for the next tale, but it still wrapped up this installment so that it felt complete. I'd like to learn more about the other characters, so I'll definitely be reading on.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment