Wednesday, May 23, 2012

OMGOSH! *Takes deep breath* I have escaped the writing cave.



So, I finally finished Before & Ashley. Sort of. This post deserves more time than I can give it right now (seeing as it 2:50 AM and my To Do list is still super massive), so I will expand later. But here are the basics:

These last few weeks have been insane. I've been absent from my blog & Twitter, and am WAY WAY late in posting Before & Ashley for the following reasons:



-My not quite one-year-old son started walking, quickly progressed to running, loves climbing stairs and opening cabinets and drawers, and firmly believes he is invincible.
-I'm a bridesmaid in a dear friend's wedding this weekend.
-I've been working on some (paid) freelance editing that required pushing my own stuff back a bit.
-I was really caught up directing an improv show last month, and didn't leave myself as much time to write as I should have when making my original deadline.
-The story kept morphing like a strange and terrible alien life form that I could not control at all.
This is not a multiple choice question, btw. This a list describing my real life, lol.

So, since the story is told from more than one perspective, I've decided to go ahead and post the one that's finished. In the near future, I'll finish the other and put them together, but I decided to go ahead and do this instead of delaying the whole thing further. I should warn you, it will probably be more fun to read it all together since this 1/2 has major spoilers for the other side, but it's still a fun read on its own. I may post this on Good Reads too, but that requires formatting and making it into an Epub, which takes time. Or I may just wait to do that one the whole thing is finished and together. We'll see. It all depends on if I find the time and energy, amidst everything else going on this week. Without further ado, I present - Before & Ashley: His Side.

Thank you for your patience.

Food for thought: Is this just me? Have you ever gotten so busy with life/caught up in a writing project/stressed out that you had to pause all social media to get your head on straight? Or do I just need to get way better at multitasking?

No comments:

Post a Comment